As we all try to stay healthy this winter, lower your chances of getting sick and improve your immune system by following these steps.
Support your Immune System by:
- Conscious breathing-allowing the diaphragm to expand and release, opening the lungs, and calming the heart.
- Increase body awareness by giving some of your attention to the sensations coming from your body.
- Staying hydrated and be clear about what daily volume works for your body.
- Eat more vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, and healthy proteins. Eat less sugar and processed foods.
- Minimize toxins and becoming more aware of what toxins you may be exposed to including your drinking water.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Minimize stress and at the same time add in stress-relieving practices such as walking, yoga, meditation, Tai chi, massage, dance, drumming, and singing, etc.
- Spend time in nature.
- Take time to relax and spend time in comfortable relaxing positions.
- Move your body and include some form of cardio into your schedule.
- Increase your levels of Vitamin C and D and other immune-boosting supplements.
- Do things that bring you joy and peace, have fun.